Newmanstown Recreation Board
Monday, August 2, 2021
Recreation Board Members present at the meeting- Justin Arndt, Josh Garrison, Dan Hogeland and Beth Garrison
Vistors: Kiri Arndt
Meeting called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Justin Arndt
Summer playground is going great! The kids are really enjoying it.
July Minutes– Motion to accept minutes by Justin Arndt and seconded by Josh Garrison.
Treasurer’s Report– No changes -the new statements are not available yet due to Covid delays. Funds, $659, will need to be transferred from summer playground to general fund; due to snack stand coordinator depositing in incorrect fund.
Motion to accept treasurer’s report by Justin Arndt and seconded by Beth Garrison.
Summer Playground– 54 children are signed up for the program.
Basketball Courts– Stencils for the courts are in the township building. Waiting until Fall to stencil the courts.
Fall Frolic- Postponed until 2022.
Newberg Playground- Discussion of the possibility of expanding the parking lot, possibly talk to the township August 6th.
Work Detail– New locks installed on the playground stand and snackbar.
Summer Playground- No issues at this time.
Fall Soccer Snack Stand- Avery Garrison will volunteer to work the snack stand and be supervised by Beth Garrison. Roberta DeSantis will help with the snack stand again.
Fall Soccer– Currently 90 children between the ages of 3-10 are signed up for the program. A coach meeting happened the 3rd week of July. Coaches received their teams. August 8th, soccer practice being. September 10th is the first game. Picture night is September 14th.
Could any of the following items be looked at by the township?
- The concrete support/base for the four-wheeler teeter totter has been spray painted orange, so that children do not get injured on it. Possibly this could be removed or replaced, so that a child does not get injured.
- The soffit on the west side of the snack stand (above the garage door) need to be replaced.
- Lightbulbs need replaced: both lights in the pavilion of the summer playground and one light in the women’s restroom.
- Soccer stands have been chained for security purposes.
- Rec Board has changed the locks on the summer playground and snack stand due to the large number of individuals that have keys from years past. A sign in and sign out will be made for the keys, so there is better tracking/organization.
Next Meeting will be held Monday, September 6th at 7:00 p.m.
Motion to adjourn meeting by Justin Arndt, seconded by Beth Garrison 7:30 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Beth Garrison, Secretary.