Minutes of June 3, 2020
Meeting was called to order at 7:10 P.M.
Members Present: Karen Krater, Mervin Horst, Rich Brandt & Craig Thompson
Absent: Donald Leibig
Minutes: May 6, 2020 minutes approved as written. Motion CT, second by MH.
May 12, 2020 minutes approved as written. Motion CT, second by KK.
Karen Campbell, 52 W. Main St. attended as follow-up to request made by Tina Hedgepeth & children/17 Newburg Dr. at May meeting to revise ordinance and allow chickens be kept on smaller lots.
- Educational/good to know where your food comes from.
- Teaches responsibility
- Protection/safety of area agricultural/commercial chicken house facilities & comprehensive virus containment capabilities and “backyard flock” impacts.
- Manure disposal & potential detrimental affect to waterways
- Attraction of local wildlife such as fox, racoons, rats, feral cats in residential neighborhoods & conflicts this may cause
- Enforcement of ordinances
KK made motion to recommend to Board of Supervisors NOT to revise ordinance to allow chicken on smaller lots. Second by MH. All in favor, none opposed.
New Floodplain Management regulations/Ordinance #061020. Board recommends the amendments be adopted subject to:
- Section 1421.D (p 14) Impacts agriculture use and animals to access water. Recommend modification to allow livestock access.
- Section 1417.A.3.e – revise to clarify if “etc.” includes wells or collection of spring water
- Section 1417.A.3.f – Add “no extraction of water for wholesale or resale purposes”.
Furthermore, upon review, the Board finds these proposed amendments all in accordance with the objectives of the Millcreek Township Comprehensive Plan. Motion KK, second MH, all in favor. No opposed. ( Letter to Board of Supervisor stating same attached)
Correspondence: Lebanon County Conservation District – E & S approval Lamar Weaver shed – Note: did not see a building permit for this structure.
5G Resolution adopted in TN.
|12-20||Robert & Doris Gregory||63 Edgemont Ln||concrete pad $1,000|
|13-20||Peter B Shirk||Lot#307, 18 Evergreen Way||SFD $152,000|
|15-20||Levi & Esther Lapp||629 Stricklerstown Rd||demo & horse barn $180,000|
Meeting adjourned at 7:48 pm. Next meeting is scheduled July 1, 2020 @ 7 PM.