Minutes of May 6, 2020
Members Present: Karen Krater, Mervin Horst & Craig Thompson
Absent: Donald Leibig, Rich Brandt
Minutes: March 4, 2020 minutes approved as written. Motion CT, second by KK.
Zimmco Enterprises: Lot addition plan: Ag zoning, 50 Dierwechter Rd. & 214 S. Millbach Rd. Ted Cromleigh/Diehm & Sons presented revised plans. Sewage easement was removed. Lebanon County Planning Dept. Approval letter received. Board recommends plans for approval and signed. PA DEP Planning Waiver & Non-building Declaration also signed.
- Tina Hedgepeth, 17 Newburg Dr. and children, Piper & Jaice presented information regarding allowing smaller properties to have chickens and requested revision to current ordinance. Piper & Jaice presented facts about chickens and benefits to having them. Information presented will be supplied to all Board members for discussion at next meeting
- Floodplain Management regulations – The proposed amendments are in accordance with comp. plan but still reviewing specific ordinance wording wording. Initial review provided the following:
- Section 1421.D (p. 14) “two wire fences” only is not adequate for ag properties/use – consider modification
- Section 1430.F – The 100 Ft. landward from top of bank of watercourse setback – Does this act as “riparian buffer”?
- Section 1417.A.3.e – “water-related uses and activities” does this include wells? Or collection of Springwater? Needs clarification
- Section 1417. A.3.f – “Extraction of sand….and other materials” No extraction of water for wholesale or resale purposes. Recommended for addition to this section to be consistent with E-1 zone ordinance regulations.
Planning Commission requested advertising a workshop meeting to review Floodplain Ordinance further & compare to existing and make recommendations to BOS prior to May 13, 2020 meeting if possible.
Correspondence: Lebanon County Planning Dept. – Zimmco Enterprises.
Meeting adjourned at 8:05pm. Next meeting is scheduled June 3, 2020 @ 7 PM.