Minutes of Feb. 5, 2020
Members Present: Karen Krater, Donald Leibig, Rich Brandt & Mervin Horst
Absent: Craig Thompson
Minutes: Jan. 8, 2020 minutes approved as written. Motion M. Horst, second R. Brandt.
- Julie Cheyney (LCPD Director) and Kim Spang (Zoning Officer) attended meeting to present overview of services provided to Millcreek Township by LCPD.
- Subdivision and Land Development review and approval
- Zoning Code Enforcement
- County Engineer review of Stormwater
- Sewage Enforcement – on-lot sewage systems
- Building Code Inspections
- Building permit issuance
- Hubert Beck delivered letter regarding Notice of Appellate Decision relative to, and Notice of Cease & Desist from Processing & Approving Application pertaining all 4G & 5G Small Wireless Telecommunications Facilities (WTF’s) and from any placement, construction, modification and operations thereof, as non-compliant with 8/9/19 Case 18-1129 Ruling. The Board reviewed letter and acknowledged there are risks from “densifying” WTF coverage. Locating near homes/schools/ without studying possible side effects should not be allowed. The Board recommends the attached letter and info be reviewed by Township Solicitor and to advise accordingly. The Board also recommends adoption of the Maidencreek Township, Berks County ordinance addressing WTF’s (previously submitted) (or similar) for benefit of Millcreek Township health and welfare.
Driveway permit – as attached.
Meeting adjourned at 8:20pm. Next meeting is March 4, 2020 @ 7 PM.