Minutes of Feb. 6, 2019
Members Present: Karen Krater, Mervin Horst, & Rich Brandt
Absent: Donald Leibig & Craig Thompson
Minutes: Jan. 16, 2019 approved as written, motion made by RB/second by MH.
Reports: Karen Krater & Merv Horst reported on Rissler Zoning Hearing Board hearing. Continuance of hearing scheduled for Feb. 19, 2019
- Weyandt Subdivision – Main St. & W. Park St. Plans and Lebanon County Planning Dept. approval letter present. Plans recommended for approval and signed. Motion RB second MH. Did question why no sidewalks required?
- Rissler ZHB application conditions reviewed for proposed short term rental & event venue located at 807 Weavertown Rd. Seeking use variance. Attorney for Rissler’s provided written conditions they would be willing to comply with should the variance be granted at the ZHB meeting. The Planning Commission discussed, reviewed, and edited and made additional suggestions – see attached) to those. In addition to those the Board also recommends the list of additions attached to Jan. 16, 2019 PC meeting minutes be included as well.
|76-18||Daryl & Melissa Garman||116 Edgemont Ln||solar panels $10,000|
|77-18||Bonnie Kantner||106 Edgemont Ln||solar panels $7,000|
|78-18||Vernon & Jody Shirk||41 S. Mt. Rd.||remove shed, storage bldg. $60,000|
|1-19||Peter B. Shirk||Lot#333, 218 Edgemont Ln.||SFD $174,000|
|2-19||Brian & Jeni Hernley||116 E. Main St||shed $2,000|
|3-19||John & Lydia Dierwechter||202 S. Millbach Rd||Home Occ $1,000|
Meeting adjourned at 9:45 pm. Next meeting March 6, 2019 at 7 pm.
In addition to the proposed (with PC revisions suggested) zoning conditions as per applicant the PC recommends the following conditions also be included in a ZHB decision if a variance is granted…..
- Driveways – no parking on shared access drive for rentals or events. Provide driveway on own property for access to parking/loading for rentals and events. Widths and radii to accommodate emergency vehicles. Sight distances @ intersection with Weavertown Rd. per PA DOT requirements, obtain driveway permits as necessary.
- Land Development Plan Submission and approval in accordance with local, county, state requirements. Plans shall include but not be limited to:
- Additional Sewage – Sewage planning/system installation per PA DEP regulation subject to
review/approval of Lebanon Cty. Sewage Officer.
- Parking – 10’ x 20’ spaces, access lanes, etc. per Article 17 of zoning ordinance. This may be
limiting factor for # of guests for an event.
- Stormwater – addressed per Lebanon County Stormwater Ordinance & any applicable local,
state, or Federal regulations.
- Lighting – keep to minimum necessary for safety & security of users. No lights glare
onto/into neighboring houses, no overhead sky glow.
- Erosion & Sediment control requiring Lebanon County Conservation District approval &
conformance with DEP regulations.
- Water wells – adequate supply of water for events? Maintain required isolation from sewage
sites/SW BMP’s on property and from neighboring systems.
- Register event venue business with Township/pay Local Service tax
- Any events, whether as part of a short-term rental or as an event rental, hosting 50 or more people
requires an on-site professional property manager or bonafied security personal registered as
required in accordance with local and state requirements, during the entire event.
- Notify Millcreek Township and/or Twp. Police of any event gathering 50 or greater (may affect police
schedules) Notification to surrounding neighbors also suggested.
- Fencing – to contain patrons/buffering neighbors. Install 6’ Ht Privacy (solid) fence along rear
property line to shield from neighboring property. Install decorative fencing/gates along all side
property lines (north & south) post no trespass signs at gateways
- No fireworks or bonfires
- Patrons, owners, and attendees must be made aware this is an active agricultural zone and no
nuisance complaints about smell, noise, etc. will be made or tolerated or acted upon pursuant to Act
40 (ACRE LAW) and the Right to Farm Act. No interference with agricultural practices or production allowed.
This proposed use is within an active agricultural area and interference with agricultural production or operation shall not be tolerated.