REPORT OF THE RECREATION BOARD
TO MILLCREEK SUPERVISORS
July 9, 2018
Recreation Board Members present at the meeting – Justin Arndt, Anthony Gettle, Betty Patches, Maureen McGuire and KatyBeth Shuey.
Guests- Dan Hogeland
Meeting called to order at 7:05 p.m. by President Justin Arndt.
No public comments
PREVIOUS MINUTES AND CORRESPONDENCE
Motion to approve by Justin Arndt second by Anthony Gettle.
Reports for general fund, summer playground and soccer accounts provided by Treasurer Betty Patches. A motion to approve reports by KatyBeth Shuey and second by Anthony Gettle.
- Running Program- Starting Sept 9th and will be on Sundays at 5pm.
- Advertising playground and soccer- On sign at playground
- Field schedule- Last day for Softball is the July 17th, rain day is the 24th if needed.
- Outdoor sign with events getting posted- Has been working well for advertising
- Fall Frolic- Anthony received the barrel train. Autumn is going to be in charge of Fall Frolic and Kiri Arndt will assist. KatyBeth will work on poster to promote fall frolic.
- Black top of basketball court- There will be a quote coming soon, coming in the mail. Need to dig a hole for the other pole before he comes to lay down the macadam.
- New playground vandalism- Someone drew all over the some of the playground equipment and people keep driving through yards because there is no designated parking area. Also someone is taking trash can lids off the trash cans and placing them in different areas.
- Soccer updates- We are at 135 kids signed up for soccer. The coaches will meet on July 18th at 6pm. There are three age groups this year, 3 & 4 year olds, 5 & 6 year olds and 7, 8, & 9 year olds.
- Softball updates- Fast pitch softball went well this year, good feedback.
- New rentals- July 21st from 1-4pm and Musser has August 18th all day.
- National Night Out- First Tuesday of August (7th) 5-8pm. Need volunteers. Looking into getting a dunk tank.
Next meeting is to be held on Monday, August 6th , 2018.
Motion to adjourn meeting at 7:37 pm by Justin Arndt and second by Anthony Gettle.
Respectfully submitted by KatyBeth Shuey, Secretary.