REPORT OF THE RECREATION BOARD
TO MILLCREEK SUPERVISORS
January 15, 2018
Recreation Board Members present at the meeting – Justin Arndt, Anthony Gettle, KatyBeth Shuey, Betty Patches, and Maureen McGuire.
Guests – Dan Hoagland
Meeting called to order at 7:04 p.m. by Director Justin Arndt.
No public comments presented.
PREVIOUS MINUTES AND CORRESPONDENCE
Motion to approved by Betty Patches and second by Anthony Gettle.
Reports for general fund, summer playground and soccer accounts provided by Treasurer Betty Patches. We reviewed the 2017 Summer Playground expense report. Motion to approve reports by Anthony Gettle and second by KatyBeth Shuey.
- Christmas tree lighting – Went well, Maureen will call PPL to close the account.
- Christmas display contest- Went well, checks already mailed to contest winners.
- Well Span Walking program- Have not been able to get a hold of lady in charge to find out more information.
- Bathrooms- Kids are taking trash cans and dragging them to the bathrooms and getting on top of roofs.
- Playground update- No updates yet
- Lights out at snack stand pavilion and outside restroom- All lights are out at the pavilion near snack stand.
- Dedication ceremony to new playground, name?- We will make decision closer to the opening of the playground
- Running Program- Will be on Sundays again at 5pm but do not know exact date yet.
- Snack stand involvement- KatyBeth will coordinate snack stand this year. No kids can be allowed in the snack stand due to oven. Need 1 or 2 volunteers to help out during the baseball, softball and soccer season. We are open to kids 16 years and older.
- Recreation Board Schedule- Reviewed and updated dates for the upcoming 2018 year.
Next meeting is to be held on Monday, February 5, 2018.
Motion to adjourn meeting by KatyBeth Shuey, second by Anthony Gettle at 8:02 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by KatyBeth Shuey, Secretary.