Minutes of Aug. 6, 2018 – Rec Board

REPORT OF THE RECREATION BOARD

TO MILLCREEK SUPERVISORS

August 6, 2018

ATTENDANCE

Recreation Board Members present at the meeting – Justin Arndt, Anthony Gettle, Betty Patches, Maureen McGuire and KatyBeth Shuey.

Meeting called to order at 7:07 p.m. by President Justin Arndt.

PUBLIC COMMENTS

No public comments

PREVIOUS MINUTES AND CORRESPONDENCE
            Motion to approve by Justin Arndt second by Maureen McGuire.

TREASURERER’S REPORT
            Reports for general fund, summer playground and soccer accounts provided by Treasurer Betty Patches. A motion to approve reports by Anthony Gettle and second by Maureen McGuire.

OLD BUSINESS

  1. Running Program- Officially starting at 5pm on Sept 9th.
  2. Outdoor sign with events getting posted- Justin has sign, will decide what needs to be put on next.
  3. Fall Frolic- Autumn has list of donators and sponsors that she will contact to see if they will donate again this year. KatyBeth will work on fall frolic flyer.
  4. Black top of basketball court- Got a quote for $7,062 for new black top. Possibly do it early next year.

NEW BUSINESS 

  1. New playground vandalism- Have not heard anything else recently. There was a do not enter sign for the back yard so people do not drive through peoples yards. Justin will look into getting solar motion sensor lights for new Playground.
  2. Soccer updates- Still have kids that want to sign up even though the deadline was June 23rd. 136 kids signed up. Soccer goals arrived today. Soccer games start Sept 7th. Pictures Sept 11th at 5:30 is under 5 teams and 6 pm is under 7 teams and 6:15 for under 10 teams.
  3. Softball updates- Received some complaints, way of pitching, lack of communication, back field being used instead of front field. We will address next year. Pick up softball games- need to do better and put up on the white sign. Anthony and Maureen will work on better ways to promote.
  4. New rentals- Township will take over rentals from here on out.
  5. National Night out- We have a dunk tank. Autumn will work on sign for dunk tank.
  6. Snack Stand- Need to get new fridges, Betty will help.
  7. Summer playground- Will take in suggestions about doing different activities next year. We will do more afternoon stuff.

Next meeting is to be held on Monday, September 10th, 2018.

Motion to adjourn meeting at 7:37 pm by Anthony Gettle and second by Justin Arndt.

Respectfully submitted by KatyBeth Shuey, Secretary.